Orthopedic injuries occur when there is damage to the muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. These injuries take time to heal, and many people benefit from rehabilitation during this healing process. While oftentimes patients are admitted to assisted living facilities temporarily during their rehabilitation, they may not realize that in-home orthopedic rehab is an option; one that provides greater comfort, and in many cases, faster healing. Nightingale Homecare’s Carefree home health care experts include therapists skilled in orthopedic rehab, and offer the following information to help you determine if these services are right for you.
Who needs orthopedic rehab?
- Anyone who has experienced the following diagnoses/procedures can benefit from orthopedic rehab at home:
- Joint replacements
- Arthritis and osteoporosis
- Surgeries of the spine or brain
- Sports injuries
Why is orthopedic rehab important?
- Orthopedic rehab, particularly when provided at home, leads to:
- Faster and better healing
- Reduced pain and swelling
- Increased strength and range of motion
- Improved circulation
- Less chance of complications such as blood clots
The goal of orthopedic rehab is to restore the person to normal functioning as quickly as possible, and to prevent further injury. Often, some of the effects of a surgical procedure or traumatic injury remain hidden until years later. Orthopedic rehab provided during recovery can help ensure that the highest level of functioning possible is achieved and maintained.
Additionally, the psychological benefits can be tremendous. Being able to see measurable progress in recovery gives a positive boost to the patient’s mood, and working with a professional therapist, such as those at Nightingale Homecare, allows the opportunity to ask questions throughout the healing process, alleviating anxiety – especially when provided where it’s most comfortable: at home.
What can I expect from orthopedic rehab services?
The Carefree home health therapists at Nightingale Homecare work through the following process for orthopedic rehab services at home:
- A care plan is developed in coordination with the patient’s physician/surgeon, addressing needs and progress measurement.
- An evaluation is conducted, to include pain management, medical equipment and other safety needs.
- A personalized exercise program is developed to increase strength, restore movement, and help the patient resume normal activities as quickly as possible.
- Manual therapy, such as massage, mobilization of soft tissue and joints, stretching and bending, is incorporated as needed.
To learn more about our in-home orthopedic rehab services, or any of our other customized senior home care services, contact the Carefree home health care team at Nightingale Homecare at (602) 504-1555. We’re pleased to offer a free in-home consultation to learn more about the challenges you’re facing, and to provide the in-home care solutions to help improve your quality of life.
Whether the need is for just a little companionship and assistance with household chores, skilled nursing care, rehabilitation, or any of a wide variety of other services, we’re here for you, with as much, or as little, care as needed. We’ve been serving seniors with high quality compassionate care throughout Maricopa County since 1994 and look forward to the opportunity to serve you!