As parents, grandparents or other loved ones grow older, they may enter a stage where it is necessary to receive additional help from an in home care Scottsdale professional. Often times, these elderly individuals are hesitant about addressing this issue, as they have lived their entire lives independently and may take great pride in that independence , making it difficult to face the possibility of needing assistance with simple, everyday tasks. On top of that, they don’t want to be the cause of any worry or stress for their adult children, other family members or friends. For these reasons, it is important that you be on the lookout for signs, so you know the right time to provide your loved ones with a little extra attention from an agency specializing in elderly homecare in Scottsdale and the surrounding area.
If you notice any of the following signs in your parent or grandparent, it may be the time to consider home care suggests Scottsdale home care agency experts, Nightingale Home Care:
- Physical Changes. Decline in physical health can increase the risk of your loved one falling or suffering other serious injury. Look for changes, such as difficulty walking, maintaining balance and unsteadiness. If your loved one appears to be in a frail condition, it can be dangerous for he or she to do even the simplest tasks, so in home nursing care in Scottsdale would be beneficial.
- Inattention to Personal Hygiene. If you notice that your loved one is not as well kept as normal, this is a sign that he or she may benefit from elderly homecare in Scottsdale. Those individuals who neglect personal hygiene may have a strong body odor, unkempt or unclean hair, and obvious inattention to oral care or soiled clothing. While these elderly individuals would like to keep clean, it may have become too difficult to complete the daily tasks to do so. Having in home nursing care in Scottsdale ensures that your loved one can safely maintain a regular hygiene schedule, which improves his or her health and wellbeing.
- Lack of Nourishment. Your friend or relative may have lost the ability to regularly prepare food at mealtimes due to lack of energy or other physical conditions. Getting to the grocery store weekly to purchase fresh, healthy foods can be a challenge, meaning the refrigerator and cupboards may not be stocked or there may be many items that have passed their expiration date. Not eating properly can lead to lack of nourishment and dehydration, which causes cognitive issues, depression and other health concerns. A Scottsdale homecare agency will provide your loved one with help grocery shopping and preparing meals as well as providing a companion to sit down with at mealtimes, which may make eating more appealing.
- Inability to Manage Medications. Taking the prescribed dosage of medicine is essential to maintaining health, especially for elderly individuals, with chronic or on-going medical issues. Many times, people of older age are prescribed a number of different medications with different dosage schedules. Prescriptions and dosages can easily become mixed up, which can lead to missing or overdosing on medications. When this happens, severe health problems can occur. In home nursing care in Scottsdale ensures that your loved one stays on his or her prescribed medication schedule.
- Lack in Household Upkeep. When visiting with your loved one, look for things, such as stacks of dirty dishes and laundry, overflowing trashcans and appliances that have been left turned on. If the living spaces are dirty and more cluttered than the person would normally allow, this is a sign that they need some extra help keeping up with the demands of managing a home. Home care in Scottsdale will make sure that your loved one lives in a space that is regularly cleaned and clutter free.
It may be difficult to determine whether or not your loved one needs in home nursing care in Scottsdale. If you notice any signs that your elderly relative or friend may be having a hard time completing daily activities, including those not listed above, it is definitely worth considering home care in Scottsdale. Not only will it make your loved one’s life a lot easier, it will also bring you peace of mind knowing they are being well taken care of. At Nightingale Home Care, providing in home care Scottsdale seniors need and deserve is what we do best. We provide only the highest quality in-home care to ensure that your loved one maintains independence and quality of life. Please call the Scottsdale home care agency today at (602) 504-1555 or contact us online for more information on in home nursing care in Scottsdale and other cities throughout the Valley.
Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/ngcareadmin/public_html/wp-content/themes/phx/single.php on line 40