Whether you’re homebound for a few weeks due to surgery or indefinitely due to advanced stages of illness, one thing remains the same; staring at the same four walls on a daily basis can bring on the boredom. In addition to addressing boredom, home healthcare workers in Scottsdale, Paradise Valley and the surrounding Phoenix Metropolitan area, monitor for other physical ailments (i.e. bedsores, insomnia, depression, nutritional needs and weight changes) in their homebound clients.
So in an effort to ward off the monotony blues, Nightingale Homecare offers these activity ideas for homebound seniors:
- Explore the world, while staying home: Don’t let the internet intimidate you. Have a home healthcare worker or family member get you set up and let the adventures begin! Things like looking up your alma mater, online gaming, staying in touch with family and friends via e-mail, skype or social sites and researching to your heart’s content will keep things interesting.
- Window to the world: Even if you’re bedridden, you can still keep the view outside your window intriguing. Activities like people-watching or planting that attracts birds and other wildlife can cheer up your day.
- Board Games: From chess to Scrabble, card games to puzzles, games are the perfect way to keep mental stimulation up and connect with family and friends. A senior homecare provider can also provide that connection when family and friends are not available.
- Write a letter or give someone a call: It’s a simple gesture but the rewards can be great. Staying socially connected gives you something to look forward to and provides you with a change of pace by listening to others stories and daily happenings. If your unable to write letters due to your physical ailment, your senior homecare provider is always ready to assist!
- Get creative or take on something new: Activities like coloring or painting, can be surprisingly fun at any age. Or maybe now is the perfect opportunity to learn that one skill you’ve always wanted to such as drawing, knitting, crocheting, calligraphy, working with modeling clay or writing poetry. Listening to music, books on tape or lectures can be mentally stimulating as well.
At Nightingale Homecare, a provider of in home nursing care in Paradise Valley, and the surrounding Phoenix area, we know just how important it is to keep our clients mentally active. Our home healthcare workers in Paradise Valley and the surrounding Phoenix area go beyond the basics to truly connect with your family members and provide support that promotes independence, stability, and fulfillment. Call Nightingale Homecare (602) 504-1555 or contact us online to learn more about our innovative and compassionate senior homecare services.
Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/ngcareadmin/public_html/wp-content/themes/phx/single.php on line 40