With the end of school comes a dilemma for many parents: how to juggle both a career and family time. Summertime is the perfect time to make memories together that will last a lifetime. But for working parents, coordinating time away from work for vacations or even just impromptu day trips with the kids isn’t easy. If you’re struggling to find a healthy work/life balance, perhaps it’s time to consider a new career that will make it easier: caregiving.
Are You Qualified to Be a Caregiver?
Whether you’re professionally trained in meeting the healthcare needs of someone else or not, there’s a caregiving role for you! There are two distinctly different types of caregiving provided by Nightingale Homecare: home health care and non-medical care. Understanding the difference between these roles can help you determine which opportunity would be the best fit for you.
Home Health Caregivers
Our home health caregivers are trained, certified CNAs who are equipped to meet a variety of medical care needs, such as:
- Taking vital signs, including blood pressure readings, pulse, and respiration
- Assist with transfers, such as from bed to chair or wheelchair
- Provide support for prescribed range of motion and other exercises
- Measure intake/output of fluids
- Assist with medication administration
- And more
Additionally, home health aides assist seniors with non-medical caregiving needs as outlined below.
Non-Medical Home Caregivers
Your life experience has likely given you ample opportunities to provide care, and can be easily transferred into a paid caregiving role. Non-medical home caregiving tasks include:
- Planning and preparing meals according to any dietary restrictions
- Provide companionship for conversations, games, puzzles, hobbies, and other fun activities
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Personal care, such as help with taking baths or showers and getting dressed
- Running errands, like grocery shopping and picking up prescriptions
- Transportation to medical appointments or enjoyable outings
- And more
Why Nightingale Homecare?
Choosing to join the Nightingale Homecare team means you’ll gain not only the flexibility to enjoy more time with your family, but the following perks and benefits as well:
- Competitive pay
- Paid training
- Paid time off and sick time
- Sign-on and referral bonuses
- Mileage reimbursement
- Full 24/7, on-call staffing and nursing support
- Expert client matching
- And much more
Nightingale Homecare was honored to be named one of the 2021 Top Places to Work in Arizona, for good reason. We’ve been meeting the needs of seniors throughout the Scottsdale area for 27 years, and we care for our team with the same level of dedication and commitment.
Ready to learn more about a career as a caregiver with Nightingale Homecare, the top-rated Scottsdale, AZ home healthcare agency? We’re serving clients throughout Scottsdale, Phoenix and the surrounding areas and will match you with a senior who not only lives near you, but shares similar likes, interests, and personality type – so you’ll create a strong bond with the senior you serve.
Fill out an application today and kick off summer with a rewarding new career in caregiving at Nightingale Homecare! Contact us at (602) 504-1555 with any questions or to learn more.