Jingling bells, twinkling lights, excited children – who doesn’t love the holiday season? While families are hustling and bustling to make their lists and check them twice, however, there’s a quiet contingency of older adults who, for a variety of reasons – health concerns, loneliness, memories of holidays past and lost loved ones – are feeling more blue than merry and bright.
At Nightingale Homecare, we’re sensitive to the fact that some seniors can use a little extra pick-me-up during the holidays, and our Phoenix caregivers are at the ready with the extra assistance, compassion and care that helps older adults regain some holiday joy.
Here are just a few of the ways we can help:
- Socialization. When family members and friends are overloaded with to-dos, seniors can feel left out and isolated – and loved ones can experience feelings of guilt because of their time constraints. Nightingale’s friendly caregivers help bridge the gap for lonely seniors, providing companionship, sharing in favorite holiday pastimes and activities like baking, decorating, wrapping gifts and writing out cards, or simply looking through photo albums and allowing seniors the opportunity to reminisce.
- Outings. One of the greatest joys of the holidays is selecting the perfect gift for loved ones. For seniors who no longer can drive, a Nightingale caregiver can provide transportation and accompaniment, allowing them the independence, freedom and pleasure of picking out gifts for family and friends.
- Family time. Nightingale’s Phoenix caregivers can take care of the more mundane aspects of care, such as housework, laundry, grocery shopping, meal preparation, bathing and other personal care needs, and more, allowing families to spend quality time together, simply enjoying each other’s company.
Help your senior loved ones enjoy the holidays more this year than ever before by contacting Nightingale Homecare’s top rated Phoenix caregivers! In addition to brightening the holidays, we offer a full range of more specialized in-home senior care services, including:
- Our Connections dementia care program, staffed by certified Alzheimer’s Whisperers® – caregivers, nurses, therapists, social workers and managers trained in Dr. Verna Benner-Carson’s unique approach to helping manage even the most challenging behaviors
- Fall prevention through our Paces program, to help prevent falls for those most at risk
- Assistance with life transitions from a professional team of nurses, social workers, physical and occupational therapists
- Successful chronic disease management with help from our Pathlink team
- And many others
You can reach us any time at 602-504-1555 to ask any questions and let us know how we can help your senior loved ones, throughout the holiday season and beyond.
Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/ngcareadmin/public_html/wp-content/themes/phx/single.php on line 40