What’s the most frightening thing you can think of? Surprisingly, the majority of Americans fear public speaking above everything else, followed closely by heights, bugs and snakes, and drowning. Growing older, while it can be intimidating, didn’t make the list, and with good reason. The benefits of aging can far outweigh the concerns! Consider some of these seniors-only positives this month:
- Grandkids: Perhaps the greatest reward of achieving senior status is the joy of grandparenting. Seeing the world through the eyes of beloved grandchildren – whether they are toddlers or young adults – brings a sense of rejuvenation unlike any other. And, it can be enjoyed without the responsibilities and worries of parenthood.
- Retirement: All those things you wished you could have done in life, but were too busy with work and family obligations, are suddenly available to you. Retired seniors have the world at their feet, and the time and freedom to experience it through travel, taking a class, volunteering, or pursuing a hobby.
- Wisdom and Empathy: A lifetime of learning and personal experiences results in a wealth of wisdom, and allows seniors to feel compassion and empathy towards loved ones throughout their various earlier stages of life.
- Accomplishment: Looking back on the mountaintops of life and achievements realized can offer a profound feeling of accomplishment. And the accomplishments don’t have to end at a certain age! A world of volunteer opportunities are available to allow seniors to continue to contribute to their communities and beyond.
- Finances: Benefits to seniors, such as Medicare, Social Security, and even senior discounts offered by a variety of restaurants, stores, entertainment venues, and more can help ease financial burdens in ways that younger generations aren’t yet able to realize.
At Nightingale Homecare, we know firsthand the many joys to be realized in aging, and have made it our mission to do all that we can to improve the quality of life and wellbeing of each and every one of the seniors in our care. Allow us to assist with some of the more mundane tasks – laundry, meal preparation and cleanup, light housecleaning – relieving you and your senior loved one of those burdens and opening up more time to enjoy together.
Or, enlist our help in transporting and chaperoning your senior loved one on a fun outing. Even seniors who are homebound, including those with dementia, can experience renewed joy through our caring companionship, and can receive the medical attention they need, right in the comfort of home. Call us at 602-504-1555 to learn more!